Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The most confusing theory out!!!

Organizational communication ethics have to be one of the most confusing theories I have ever encountered. I am just at a stand still with all of the technical language they have used to elaborate on what I see as noise. In academics I would believe this chapter to be the only theory in this book that I can honestly say, I don’t ever want to understand it. My life was better before I began to read this chapter.

First, we must define it. The book us a look  at what this means a few different times but this definition best suited me. “Organizational communication focuses on the form of communication needed to get a particular task done. Things related to this would be, a dwelling place, and community of memory in an organization.(p139) Both of these are defined in the book but for sake of not caring about this chapter I won’t even give a description. To be honest I believe we should just skip this whole chapter this week.

I don’t have much to say this week because well let’s face it, there was no learning involved in this chapter for me. Though I do appreciate this book and most other topics in it I feel that the authors had a biased for this chapter because Arnett has done a lot of work with this theory. This brings me to the point of there organization. It is creating books to make money. If we were to just write a bunch of garbage and publish it I believe it would look just like this chapter. I was not able to follow it or pick up on any one point from it. I would recommend that this chapter be taken out or explained in greater detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment