Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Blog post #2

While I read this book (chapter 1,2), I tried to focus on the relationship between communication and ethics to reach my ultimate goal, knowing what communication ethics is. A dictionary definition of ethics is “the standards of conduct and moral judgment.” Also, ethics give us a sense of “right” and “wrong” in communication. In my opinion, ethics are different for people depend on the person, his/her background, belief, and perspective. Therefore, definition of communication ethics varies for people. Otherwise, what I think good or bad in communication ethics could be different from others. Sometimes it could be hard to understand and generalize. I think these can be connected the idea of multiplicity of communication ethics in chapter 2. To communicate and interact with people who have different values of communication ethics well, I think we should try to understand them, respect. Moreover, the concept of “the good” that describes a central value of given communication ethic that we pursue to protect and promote can also be different to individuals. I found a lot interest in this book so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment